Thursday, May 20, 2010
Choices
I got an email today from a Col wanting to know what nursing track I'm choosing...obstetrics or medical surgical. I'm torn. I love OB but I feel med/surg is the bread and butter of nursing. I just don't like it. So the question is do what I love or do what is career building. It reminds me of a story I heard when I was a kid about a mom who named her child "Do as you're told" "Do as you wish" and "Do as you love"--do as you love was the one who was happiest and who truly loved his life. He wasn't rich or famous and he didn't have high stature in society, but he did as he loved and was happy. Fortunately the Col was kind enough to extend my decision until July 1. Time to hit my knees and talk to the one who knows what's best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment